Gunn-Paly Oregon Shakespeare Festival Trip April 14-17 2016
[D]ear Gunn Theatre Students and their Parents:
[T]he annual Gunn-Paly Oregon Shakespeare Festival Trip is coming up April 14-17 2016. In case you are new to the program, here is some insight about this trip. To begin with, it is limited to only 21 Gunn students (along with 21 Paly students). We set some eligibility requirements so that the students who have given the most to the program get the first opportunities to go. Below is important information about eligibility for the trip.
[T]otal expenses for the trip, which include round-trip bus transportation, three nights lodging at the Columbia Hotel, tickets to five plays, two workshops, set changeover in Bowmer theatre, Saturday brunch with members of the OSF community, and teacher-led discussions before and following each play will be $570.00. Except for the brunch, food expenses are not included in this amount.
[I] do want to make it clear that no student will be turned away from this trip for lack of funds – the Gunn Theatre Boosters will be able to help any family with an eligible student who is chosen for the trip. If you need help with the deposit as well, please let me know right away so that your student’s name can be included in those who are considered for selection for the trip. Your family may be asked to provide documentation of need.
[T]his trip uses teachers from Gunn and Paly as chaperones as a way to help build a unified Palo Alto educational theater community. The trip is always a highlight of the year in Gunn Theatre.
Gunn Theatre Program Director
Gunn-Paly Oregon Shakespeare Festival Trip April April 14-17 2016 Information
[T]otal expenses for the trip, which include round-trip bus transportation, three nights lodging at the Columbia Hotel, tickets to the five plays, two workshops, set changeover in Bowmer theatre, Saturday brunch, and teacher and OSF performer-led discussions will be $570.00. Except for the brunch, FOOD EXPENSES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS AMOUNT.
- [T]here are twenty-one places for Gunn students on the trip and twenty-one for Paly students.
- [O]nly active and involved theatre students are eligible. You must be working on or off stage for two of the four Gunn Theatre productions this year (including Broadway Workshop). On January 30th eligible students will be selected in order of class ranking, and a waiting list will be created at that point.
- [T]his is a District-approved field trip. You will be missing two days of school (Thursday April 14th and Friday April 15th). You will be responsible for all work missed as a result of participation in this activity.
- [W]e will stay at the Columbia Hotel on Main Street in Ashland, Oregon.
- [W]e will see the following four plays presented by the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and a musical presented by a nearby theatre company:
- [O]ur group will enjoy an actor-led acting workshop, pre-show warm-ups and post show discussions, a celebratory brunch with members of the company whom we invite, as well as a one hour pre-brunch discussion by a selected company member.
- [Y]tou may reserve a place by filling out the accompanying application and attaching a CHECK for $250.00, payable to GUNN THEATRE BOOSTERS as deposit towards your total expenses, and submitting to Mr. Shelby by lunch Friday, January 29th.
NAME: _________________________________, YEAR IN SCHOOL ______
Only active and involved theatre students are eligible. You must have worked, be working, or commit to work on or off stage for two of the four Gunn Theatre productions this year in order to be eligible for this trip.
1) In what ways have you, are you, or do you plan to participate in two of the four Gunn Theatre Department Productions (Broadway Workshop, Our Town, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Student Directed One-Acts ’16)?
2) There are limited places on the Gunn/Paly Oregon Shakespeare Festival Trip, 2016. If we must choose among eligible applicants, why should you be allowed to attend this year?
3) Have you gone on this trip before? Why would you like to go again?
— Please attach $250.00 deposit in check only, made out to GUNN THEATRE BOOSTERS.
- I agree to all expectations set forth above.
Student signature _______________________________
[T]otal cost of the trip is $570.00, which includes five shows, bus transportation, celebratory brunch with actors and technicians, and three nights’ lodging. We are requesting a donation to cover the cost of the trip. Scholarships are available for any student and no eligible student will be excluded from attending.
______ Check here if you are interested in Gunn Theatre Booster Scholarship assistance. Contact Mr. Shelby (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information regarding this.