by Arthur Miller (1915-2005)
The Crucible was first performed in 1953 on Broadway and won the 1953 Tony award for Best Play.
|Thursday, November 3rd, 2016
with themed Gala in Spangenberg lobby and pre-show talk
the performance will be in Gunn’s Studio Theatre.
|Friday, November 4th||7:30pm|
|Saturday, November 5th||7:30pm|
|Wednesday, November 9th||4pm Mat|
|Thursday, November 10th||7:30pm|
|Friday, November 11th||7:30pm|
|Saturday, November 12th||7:30pm|
|REVEREND SAMUEL PARRIS||Sam|
|MARY WARREN||Olivia E.|
|REBECCA NURSE||Olivia S.|
|REVEREND JOHN HALE||Henry|
|FRANCIS NURSE||Ben S.-T.|
|MARTHA COREY||Henry A.|
- 9/29: The Crucible Cast and Crew PARENTS met Thursday 9/29 @ 7pm. Gunn Studio Theatre. If your child is in the cast of The Crucible or is a student in Stage Tech, please come at 7pm to find all about the show, what help we’ll need from you (not TOO much, I promise!) and fill out some forms. We’ll start right at 7pm and end before 8! PLEASE COME! We really need you! Thanks, Jim Shelby and Kristen Lo.
- M, W, Th, Fr after school from 3:45-5:45
- A long-standing Gunn Theatre tradition: Tech Weekend Potlucks from 11am-4pm both weekends before we open, October 22nd-23rd, and October 29th-October 30th.
- The parents provide food for the hard-working students! Please sign up, using the links above! (Under Cast & Crew Potlucks)
- This year’s Gala, at 6pm on opening night (11/3). Please sign up to help with setup and food prep.
The Crucible Tech week: M-W October 31st-November 2nd rehearsals until 9pm. Tickets sell quickly, so don’t wait – buy now!
Auditions for The Crucible were Monday and Wednesday, August 29 and 31 after school at 3:40 in the Studio Theatre. You did not need to memorize anything for the auditions. You were supposed to download and fill out an audition sheet before you arrived at the theatre for auditions. Read the whole play here.
Please, please, sign up below to keep our young actors fed and happy! Sign up often and for as many items as you are able to contribute. We’ll have up to 70 teenage mouths to feed, and we just can’t do it without everyone contributing something!
|Sat., 10/22||Potluck (Italian-themed)|
|Sun., 10/23||Potluck (Asian-themed)|
|Sat., 10/29||Potluck (Mexican-themed)|
|Sun., 10/30||Potluck (American-themed)|
Questions? E-mail Penny Ellson, Gunn Theatre Potluck Coordinator