by Meredith Willson
76 trombones will lead the big parade! In 1957, the show became a hit on Broadway, winning five Tony Awards, including Best Musical, and running for 1,375 performances.
Performances: All performances will be in the Palo Alto High Schools’ Performing Arts Center.
|Wednesday, April 19TH, 2017
with themed Gala
After the show! (around 9:30)
|Thursday, April 20TH||7:30pm|
|Friday, April 21TH||7:30pm|
|Saturday, April 22ND
|Saturday, April 22ND||7:30pm|
|Sunday, April 23RD
Map to Paly
Please, please, sign up below to keep our young actors fed and happy! Sign up often and for as many items as you are able to contribute. We’ll have up to 70 teenage mouths to feed, and we just can’t do it without everyone contributing something!
|Sat., 4/15 Lunch||Sandwich & Salad Bar|
|Sat., 4/15 Dinner||Family Style|
|Sun., 4/16||Coffee & Snacks|
|Tue., 4/18 Dinner||Pizza, Salads & Desserts|
|Sat., 4/22 Dinner||Pizza, Salads & Desserts|
Questions? E-mail Penny Ellson, Gunn Theatre Potluck Coordinator
Opening Night Gala!
On Opening Night (April 19th, a Wednesday!) we all (audience, cast, crew, orchestra) will party down, dance, eat, and celebrate right after the show in the theatre lobby! It’s an amazing event and you should really consider attending! We’ll talk more about the Gala at the parent meeting on the March 16th?, but please consider signing up to help with setup, food or cleanup by clicking on this text!
- 3/16: The Music Man Cast and Crew PARENTS will meet Thursday 3/16 @ 7pm. Gunn Studio Theatre. If your child is in the cast of The Music Man or is a student in Stage Tech, please come at 7pm to find all about the show, what help we’ll need from you (not TOO much, I promise!) and fill out some forms. We’ll start right at 7pm and end before 8! PLEASE COME! We really need you! Thanks, Jim Shelby and Kristen Lo.
- Click HERE for THE MUSIC MAN REHEARSAL SCHEDULE!
- M, W, Th, Fr after school from 3:45-5:45
- A long-standing Gunn Theatre tradition: Tech Weekend Potluck on 11am-4pm, April 15th, the weekend before we open.
- The parents provide food for the hard-working students! Please sign up, using the links above! (Under Cast & Crew Potlucks)
- This year’s Gala, after the show (about 10pm) on opening night (4/19). Please sign up to help with setup and food prep.
The Music Man Tech week: M-W April 15th-April 16th rehearsals until 9pm on Saturday, 6pm on Easter Sunday.
Auditions for The Music Man were Monday and Wednesday, January 9 and 10 after school at 3:40 in the Studio Theatre. You did not need to memorize anything for the auditions. If you need help with an audition song, Mr. Liberatore has copied and recorded some clips from The Music Man here.