by Lin Manuel Miranda
Gunn’s Spring Musical is Lin Manuel Miranda’s astounding IN THE HEIGHTS, March 14th-23rd 2019 in Spangenberg Theatre. Watch the musical announcement video HERE Check out Gay’s Beginning Salsa Dance video HERE. Auditions are Wednesday December 5th or Thursday, December 6th after school. Callbacks are Monday, December 10th. Audition Information HERE Check out In The Heights 2008 Tony Awards performance HERE.No Me Diga!!!!
Except for the Opening Night Gala, no tickets for these performances! FREE!
Tickets are required for the Gala on March 15. If it rains, there are no refunds. You can come back for any of the other performances. TICKETS to the Gala are on sale here! Tickets sell quickly, so don’t wait! Tickets for the Gala are $25.
Performances: All performances will be …
|Thursday, March 15TH, 2019
themed Gala at 5:30pm in the Faculty Lounge
Mr. Ferrell will give his always entertaining and enlightening talk at 6:15.
Performance at 7:00pm
Mr. Farrell’s Talk at 6:15,
King Lear at 7:00pm
|Friday, March 16TH||7:00pm|
|Saturday, March 17TH||7:00pm|
|Thursday, March 22ND||7:00pm|
|Friday, March 23RD||7:00pm|
|Saturday, March 24TH||7:00pm|
Map to Gunn High School (as if you didn’t already know!)
Please, please, sign up below to keep our young actors fed and happy! Sign up often and for as many items as you are able to contribute. We’ll have up to 80 teenage mouths to feed, and we just can’t do it without everyone contributing something!
|Sat., 3/3 10-10pm||Lunch|
|Sat., 3/3 10-10pm||Dinner|
|Sat., 3/4 10-2pm||Morning Refreshments|
|Fri., 3/9 5-10pm||Pizza|
|Sat., 3/10 2-10pm||Dinner|
|Sun., 3/11 3-11pm||Dinner Potluck|
Questions? E-mail Dewi Faulkner, Gunn Theatre Potluck Coordinator
Opening Night Gala!
On Opening Night (March 15th, a Thursday!) we all (audience, cast, crew, orchestra) will party down, eat, and celebrate right before the show in the Gunn Staff Lounge. It’s an amazing event and you should really consider attending! We’ll talk more about the Gala at the parent meeting on Thursday, February 22nd, but please consider signing up to help with setup, food or cleanup by clicking on this text!
- 2/22: King Lear Cast and Crew PARENTS will meet Thursday 2/22 @ 7pm. Gunn Studio Theatre. If your child is in the cast of King Lear or is a student in Stage Tech, please come at 7pm to find all about the show, what help we’ll need from you (not TOO much, I promise!) and fill out some forms. We’ll start right at 7pm and end before 8! PLEASE COME! We really need you! Thanks, Jim Shelby and Kristen Lo.
- Click HERE for King Lear REHEARSAL SCHEDULE!
- M, W, Th, Fr after school from 3:45-5:45
- A long-standing Gunn Theatre tradition: Tech Weekend Potluck on 11am-4pm, Sat., March 3rd & Sun. 4th and Sat. March 10th and Sun. March 11th, the weekend before we open.
- The parents provide food for the hard-working students! Please sign up, using the links above! (Under Cast & Crew Potlucks)
- This year’s Gala is from 5:30 to 7pm on opening night (3/15). Please sign up to help with setup and food prep.
King Lear Tech week: M-W March 12th-March 14th rehearsals until 9pm.